Get state-of-the-art control to keep your indoor air as fresh as possible. Installed as part of your home's heating and cooling system, the Aprilaire Ventilation Controller features patented controls that make decisions regarding when-and how long-to ventilate, through continuous monitoring of indoor relative humidity.
- Aprilaire Ventilation Controller
- Aprilaire Normally Closed 6" Damper
- 24VAC Transformer
An Aprilaire Ventilation Control System allows you to manage the quality of your home's air year-round, with little effort. An Aprilaire Ventilation Controller:
- Has built-in, patented controls that
1. Ensure proper amount of ventilation per ASHRAE 62.2 Ventilation Standard
2. Keep track of HVAC fan run time (including cooling or heating calls) to ensure proper amount of ventilation when it makes the most sense, i.e. when the HVAC fan is on and circulating air through the whole home
3. Has cycle times ranging from every one to four hours, with ventilation times lasting from zero to sixty minutes
** Has flexible control options available that (these will ignore ASHRAE 62.2 standard):
1. Will not ventilate if the outdoor temperature is above 100° F or below 0° F (Only ventilates if a call for heat is received by your central heating system when the outdoor temperature is between 0° F and 20°)
2. Will not ventilate if the outdoor air will raise indoor relative humidity above 55%
There are three modes of operation:
1. By shorting the two Outdoor Temperature Sensor terminals with a standard 20-gauge wire (not provided), the Controller will disregard the temperature setting and base the ventilation on the indoor relative humidity and the user-adjustable timer settings.
2. By connecting the "TIME ONLY" resistor (provided) across the Outdoor Temperature Sensor terminals, the Controller will ignore outdoor temperature and indoor relative humidity and base ventilation simply on the time set by the installer/homeowner.
3. By connecting the Outdoor Temperature Sensor, the Controller will use Outdoor Temperature and Indoor Humidity, along with the useradjustable timer settings, to determine when to ventilate. This is the recommended installation as it uses all the advanced features of the Controller.