The ComfortPlusTM 300 desiccant-based dehumidifieris designed specifically for residential and light commercial applications. The unit combines the benefits of both desiccant dehumidification and DX cooling to achieve the most energy efficient dehumidification. Waste heat is captured from the condensing coil and used to regenerate the desiccant rotor in order to provide further dehumidification. 300 CFM. Removes 200 pints / day.
HOW IT WORKS:
The revolutionary new technology of NovelAire's Comfort WheelTM is specifically designed to maximize moisture removal and comfort in your home. Moisture from the return air is first dried by the evaporator coil and then is further dehumidified as it passes through the Comfort Wheel. The moisture-laden wheel then rotates into the outdoor air stream where the waste heat from the condenser coil heats the outdoor air so that it dries the wheel and discharges the unwanted excess moisture outdoors.
Unique Features of the ComfortPlus 300 dehumidifier
1. Desiccant based system- the ComfortPlus 300 is a combined desiccant with DX dehumidification whole house dehumidifier. It is a highly efficient unit because it utilizes the waste heat from the condenser coil to regenerate the desiccant rotor providing further dehumidification. The unit has the ability to remove moisture efficiently to about the 30% RH level. In addition, the unit does not increase the temperature of the supply air- it actually provides A/C tonnage.
2. Whole house dehumidifier- the ComfortPlus 300 is typically installed in the home with its own separate return and supply. It can also tie into the existing air handling system and distribute dry air throughout the ductwork. It cycles on and off independently of the A/C system and controls off of a separate humidistat mounted on a wall inside the home.
3. Simple Design- the ComfortPlus 300 is a relatively simple piece of equipment. It consists of two fans, a rotating desiccant wheel, a compressor with an evaporator and condenser. Periodic filter changes typical of any HVAC equipment is all that is required for maintenance. The "heart" of the unit, the desiccant wheel, should never need changing and will not loose its capacity over time and is designed to last the life of the equipment. The desiccant wheel carries a 5 year limited warranty (a 1 year limited warranty is offered on the rest of the equipment).
4. Simple Installation- the unit is a self contained packaged unit. A 10" return air line is connected to the unit and a 10" supply line is branched to 2 or 3 registers throughout the home. Outdoor air is ducted to the unit through 12" ducts to provide the regeneration air and exhaust air. The unit can also tie into the existing air handling system- it does need a separate return and a gravity flow damper on the supply to prevent back draft. For commercial installations, an outdoor unit is available if required.
5. High moisture capacity- one ComfortPlus 300 unit is capable of controlling the humidity in a typical home of up to 3000 sq ft. The unit has a capacity (@ 80F and 60%RH) of 200 pints per day.
6. Cooling capacity- in addition to removing 200 pints of water per day, it also removes about 9000 BTU/H. The air temperature is not increase- it provides real cooling. The supplemental A/C equipment can be reduced in size.
The ComfortPlus 300 is typically installed with its own return air and supply ducts. The supply air duct is branched to two or three supply air ducts servicing main rooms of the home. The ComfortPlus 300 is controlled by a separate
humidistat and will cycle on and off to control humidity independently of the main A/C system.
The ComfortPlus 300 can also be tied into the main A/C air handling system downstream of the evaporator coil. In this configuration, the unit needs its own return air system and the supply air tie-in needs a gravity damper to prevent backflow.
- Dimensions: (H) 30in x (L) 40in x (W) 22in
- Weight: 220 lbs
- Process Flow: 300 cfm
- Power: 208 / 230v / 60hz / 1ph 1.5KW, FLA 6.7 (variable with load)
- Control: 24 vac
- Refrigerant: R-22
- Cooling Capacity: 4,000 Btu/hr
- Dehumidification Capacity: 200 pints/day (78F, 60% RH)
- Sized For: Up to 3000 sq. ft. typical
***Note: Our shipping arrangement for this item includes palletizing and shipping via an LTL freight carrier. There is a very high risk of damage when the unit is shipped via a small package carrier such as UPS. This shipping offer includes "to the curb" delivery. Click here for more shipping details on this dehumidifier.