CLICK HERE TO SEE PRODUCT VIDEO
Practical Pleat 20" X 30" X 5" Return Grille Filter - 2 Pack
Actual Dimensions across gasketing - 19-1/2" X 29-1/2"
Actual Dimensions across cardboard - 18-1/2" X 28-1/2"
Projection past gasket into duct - 3-3/4"
The problem: Many homes across the country have filter grilles, located at the return air openings, that accommodate a one-inch filter. Because of the one-inch limitation homeowners are limited as to their choice of filters, without retrofitting their systems. A one-inch filter by nature has low surface area and needs to be replaced often. Higher efficiency one-inch filters load with dirt quickly and can restrict airflow.
The solution: Practical Pleat return grille filters are designed to replace the one-inch filter without any retrofitting. It's unique gasket fits into the one-inch filter slot with the excessive depth of the filter protruding in the duct system. The deeper pleats of the Practical Pleat offer lower pressure drop, less strain on HVAC equipment, and much longer filter life!
Using the five inch Practical Pleat is like upgrading to an expensive media air cleaner without hiring a contractor to retrofit your ductwork!
The Many Benefits of the Practical Pleat Filter:
- Self-sealing flexible gasket eliminates air by-pass - a superior design to filters that use a rigid gasket (Honeywell FC40R).
- Increased surface area provides extended lifetime.
- Low-pressure drop reduces energy consumption and maintenance and extends useful lifetime of your HVAC system.
- Five-inch deep pleat filter that fits into most 1 inch return air grilles. No retrofitting or installing expensive "in duct housings" required.
- Filters last up to 6 times as long as one-inch filters.
- MERV 11 efficiency rating means filter captures and removes fine particles to promote better indoor air quality (IAQ).
- The Practical Pleat's surface area is 433% greater than a comparable one-inch filter. Extended surface pleating reduces resistance to airflow by 41%.