Aprilaire 8476 Programmable Universal Thermostat
Are you looking for an attractive thermostat that is packed with features but low on price? You have found it! The new Aprilaire 8400 series thermostats have all the features you are looking for at a value price!
Model 8476 is universal and will control - Standard Systems gas / oil / electric. Single Stage/Heat Pump/Multi-Stage, Millivolt Systems. The 8476 offers "Event-Based" fan control which can run the HVAC fan in 5 different modes.
ON-24/7: This option will provide the maximum amount of air cleaning available. The air cleaner will be active for 24 hours a day seven days a week.
AUTO: Air cleaning will not occur for the sole purpose of air cleaning, but will occur during fan operation for heating and cooling.
CIRC-30/HR: The air cleaner will run a minimum of 30 minutes every hour. The air cleaner will monitor the amount of time your heating and cooling system runs; if 30 minutes is not reached the air cleaner will automatically turn on. This will maximize the amount of air cleaning while minimizing energy consumption.
EVENT-3HR: When selected, the air cleaner will run continuously and then return to the most recent mode of AUTO, CIRC-30/HR, or ON-24/7. Use this option when the air needs cleaning; an example would be after vacuuming.
ALLERGY-24HR: When seasonal allergies spike and outside air quality is at its worst, choose this option. Your air cleaner will run continuously for 24 hours and then return to the most recent mode of AUTO, CIRC-30/HR, or ON-24/7.
- The Model 8476 combines the features of our Model 8466 universal, programmable thermostat with Event Based Control of the HVAC system's fan. This allows the consumer to automatically circulate air throughout their home periodically throughout the day or for a specific period of time to provide greater comfort through cleaner air and more even temperatures.
- Controls 3 Stages Heat / 2 Stages Cool
- Large 4.5 square inch LCD with high contrast for easier reading
- Bright, white backlit display is easy to read
- Easy to use temperature control and override program schedule at anytime
- Progressive recovery
- Permanent program retention during power loss
- Indefinite setpoint Hold
- Choice of 5/1/1 day programmable, or 5/2 day
- Displays room temperature, temperature setting and outdoor temperature (with 8052 sensor) simultaneously
- Removable battery cover for fast, easy replacement
- Dual fuel operation built in - eliminates need for a dual fuel kit (requires 8052 outdoor temperature sensor)
- Dual Powered...choice of battery powered or hardwired, for all applications
- Easy-to-wire terminal block
- Millivolt compatible
- Outdoor temperature (requires 8052 outdoor temperature sensor)
- Permanent memory retention during power outage
- Water panel, air filter, dehumidifier and HVAC service indicators
- Simple "set-up" menu to activate optional features
- Soft-touch keys
- Circulate fan mode (if the fan has been off for 20 minutes the fan will be activated for a 10 minute cycle. Use this mode for a balance of energy savings and air circulation/cleaning)
- Compressor lockout protection
- Quick reference instructions on board
- Display temperature offset (+/-4º)
- Fahrenheit & Celsius
- Configures as manual heat/cool, or with auto changeover
- 5 year warranty
- Adjustable differential for 1st, 2nd, 3rd stage
Terminals: Rc, R, W, Y, G, C, S1, S2, 0/B, L, W2, Y2
Operating voltage 24 VAC (18 - 30 VAC)
Current - Maximum: 2.5A (total), 1.0A (single output)
Maximum surge current: 5A
Power supply Dual power. Can be battery or 24 VAC powered (When both the sources are available, battery will be used as back up power.)
Battery power: AA size alkaline battery x 2
Battery life: Approximately 1 year
Outdoor temperature sensor Maximum distance: 300 feet
Room temperature measurement Display range: 32° to 99°F (0° to 40°C)
Outdoor temperature measurement Display range: -20° to 130°F (-30° to 55°C)
Temperature setting range
Heat: 45° to 90°F (7° to 32°C)
Cool: 50° to 99°F (10° to 37°C)
Dimensions: 5.25" x 4.50" x 1.00"