Aprilaire #76 control is for use with any dehumidifier requiring a normally open control, including Aprilaire Models 1710A, 1730A, 1750A, 1770A.
Your dehumidifier may be difficult to access in locations such as attics and crawlspaces, and you may wish to control the moisture level in a specific area, such as a living room or master bedroom. The Model 76 Living Space Control provides you with a convenient, accessible means of turning the dehumidifier on and off and allows for adjustment of the dryness level set point. The Model 76 Control contains its own sensors that override the dehumidifier main control board sensors when connected and enabled. Therefore, the control should be located in an area where the homeowner wants to monitor and control moisture levels. In addition, the model 76 control can be used to control the humidity level of the space where the dehumidifier is located from any convenient location within the living space. The model 76 displays the humidity level from the area where the dehumidifier is located by receiving the information from the onboard sensor in the dehumidifier
NOTE: This is a 24Volt Control - and requires power from external 24V Transformer. Connect the wires from the C and R terminals on the Model 76 to the HVAC or thermostat C and R terminals for power.
DO NOT MOUNT CONTROL:
- Approximately 5 feet off the floor (refer to local codes for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act).
- On an interior wall where the humidity is representative of the home being dehumidified.
- At least 18 inches away from an outside wall.
- Behind doors, in corners or other dead air spaces.
- In direct sunlight, near lamps or other sources of heat.
- On an outside wall or any wall exposed to an unconditioned space (i.e. garage).
- In the airflow path of a supply register or near outside doors.
- On a wall where concealed pipes or ductwork will affect the control temperature and relative humidity accuracy.
- Humidity Setting Range - 40-80% RH
- Accuracy - + / - 5% RH
- Differential - 3%
- Low Limit - 40 Degree Dewpoint
- High Limit - 99% Dry Bulb