Questions? Call Toll Free (866) 764-9900 |
||Free Indoor Digital Hygrothermometer included with each 1730A Dehumidifier |
Aprilaire 1730A Compact Ductable Dehumidifier
The New 65 Pint 1730A from Aprilaire is a perfect product as far as size, price and performance for smaller homes, townhomes, and condominiums. The 1730A includes the Model 76 Wall Mount Dehumidifier Control.
All homes need humidity control. And in southern climates, they need it year round. Aprilaire has a solution for every size home. From our compact 65-pint unit - perfect for townhomes, condominiums and homes with a closet HVAC system - all the way up to our 135-pint unit for homes that are 4,000 square feet or more. Aprilaire can provide every homeowner the whole-home protection and performance of central dehumidification.
Air conditioning alone can't satisfy your home's humidity requirements. Your air conditioning system is designed to control temperature, not humidity, and only removes humidity as a byproduct of cooling. During the spring and fall seasons when it's still cool outside but damp inside, your air conditioning isn't running and your house is uncomfortable - you need an Aprilaire Whole-Home Dehumidifier.
INSTALLATION OPTIONS FOR 1730A:
- Fully ducted to HVAC in basement - air is pulled from main return duct, dried and supplied downstream from coil in supply duct
- Partially ducted to HVAC in equipment room / closet - air is drawn from the room, dried and supplied downstream from coil in supply duct
- Attic Installation - just like fully ducted install on basement - but humidistat must be moved to living space and dehumidifier must be installed in a secondary drain pan with a float switch
- Stand-alone ducted - the dehumidifier pulls air from the installed space and returns the dehumidified air back to that space.
- Fits tight spaces - Cabinet Dimensions - 12.5"W x 14.5"H x 22"L
- Configurable air outlet - duct collar adjustable to top or side air discharge
- Control mounting flexibility - control mounted on the unit or in the living space
- Light weight - 65 lbs
- Works with central HVAC - includes control that turns on HVAC blower
- Includes # 76 Living Space Control
- Status light - system power and fault indicator
- Easy install - built-in backflow damper on exhaust
- Includes condensate safety pan
- Terminals for float switch on-board to prevent flooding, especially in attic installations (float switch not included)
- Washable air filter - MERV 8 foam / metal mesh filter
Capacity at AHAM - 65 pints per day
Power - 115 VAC, 60 Hz, 8 Amps operating
Efficiency - 1.8 Liters per kilowatt hour
Dimensions - Height - 14.5" cabinet, 17" with 2.5" Leveling Feet / Length - 22" Cabinet, 27" with duct collars
Discharge Air - Top or end air discharge
Duct Size - 8" round
Drain Size - .75"
Weight - 65 lbs
Refrigerant Type - R410A
Refrigeration - Capillary Tube
Inlet Air Operating Conditions: 60°F to 95°F, 30% RH to 99% RH
Installation Conditions: 40°F to 140°F, 0% RH to 99% RH
Evaporator Frost Sensor: 25°F +/- 5°F, circuit opens (cut-out)
55°F +/- 5°F, reset temperature (cut-in)
Control - Senses at control location - remove from unit for wall mount, senses continuously, mechanical - + / - 6% accuracy
HVAC fan on with dehumidifier - Yes
Power cord length - 8 Feet
LED's - System power and fault indicator
***Note: Our shipping arrangement for the Santa Fe includes palletizing and shipping via an LTL freight carrier. There is a very high risk of damage when the unit is shipped via a small package carrier such as UPS. This shipping offer includes "to the curb" delivery. Freight carrier will call to set up a delivery window and someone must be present to sign for the delivery.
Click here for more shipping details on the AprilAire dehumidifier.