NOTE: SHIPPING COSTS ARE FOR DELIVERIES WITHIN CONTINENTAL US. SHIPMENTS TO AK, HI WILL BE QUOTED UPON REQUEST
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT VENTZONE SYSTEMS
This Kit Includes:
(1) Aldes model E150-TRG Energy Recovery Ventilator - 150 CFM
(2) 4" VentZone Register Terminal (ZRT-204-24R) - includes 24V motorized damper with integral Minimum Airflow Regulator (perfect for smaller bath / powder room)
(2) 20/40/60 push button timer
This VentZone IAQ System utilizes a whole house Heat Recovery System combined with Zone Register Terminals to remove stale and humid air from the bathrooms at a low volume continuous rate and provides a high volume boosted rate when the bathrooms are occupied. By doing this homeowners are able to recover the energy (heating or cooling) from stale air drawn from the bathrooms to condition fresh air being brought into the home. This technology makes far more sense than sending conditioned air from common areas into an HRV or ERV and having multiple noisy bathroom fans all blowing tempered air out of multiple penetrations through the roof.
This is accomplished by installing automatic self-balancing Constant Airflow Regulators through motorized damper doors in Zone Register Terminals in the ceiling of each bathroom of the home. Each ZRT also contains a micro-switch that tells the Energy Recovery System to boost airflow when the motorized damper opens during the times the bathrooms are in use. By utilizing regulated and balanced airflow controls, homeowners benefit from maximum energy savings, comfort and IAQ improvement.
Even though this technology delivers far greater performance and IAQ benefit than standalone bath fans and an HRV unit bolted onto a furnace, the cost for a complete system with heat recovery retails for very affordable price.
With the new Energy Efficiency standards and codes being introduced (such as ASHRAE 62.2 and California's Title 24) builders are able to utilize the VentZone IAQ system to meet code requirements, improve performance and save costs by installing one simple system.
How does it work?
Each VentZone terminal contains a primary flow damper that opens when called upon by a switch, timer, dehumidistat, or occupancy sensor. Once the damper is opened - the VentZone terminal signals the HRV to operate on high speed and only boosts flow from the open VentZone terminal. This provides the distinct advantage of allowing the fan to only ventilate specific spaces when called upon, again without the need for separate fans in each space. This is especially important in residential bath exhaust applications using popular in-line and multi-port fans, where extremely low noise and single exterior vent penetrations are desired.
With this kit - the fan in the ERV will run continuously - offering 10, 20, or 30 CFM of constant ventilation in each bathroom - plus fresh air supply to different areas of your home. When local switch is activated - the primary control damper will open - boosting the ventilation to a high level
- Combination of centralized zoned exhaust ventilation, whole house IAQ and heat and energy recovery make this system efficient and innovative.
- Homeowners benefit from healthy indoor air quality throughout the home with extra boost ventilation in bathrooms as needed.
- The entire ventilation system only requires two penetrations to the outside of the home, as opposed to one for each bathroom, plus two for the HRV/ERV with other systems.
- Compatible controllers are available to automate the system's response to changes in the indoor environment.
- The new and improved air exchanger models each feature an onboard 24V low-voltage power supply to power up to 5 zone register terminals. The entire system is designed for installation by a single trade in most cases. Check local codes.
WHAT'S NEW WITH VENTZONE IAQ?
- Near universal compatibility with advance dry contact control, allowing direct interlock with the HVAC systems and most air exchanger controls.
- Onboard low-voltage supply to power up to 5 Aldes Zone Register Terminals (ZRT's).
- Simple interlock to forced air systems.
- The newly designed air exchanger models each feature an onboard 24V low-voltage power supply to power up to 5 zone register terminals. The entire system is designed for ease of installation by a single trade in most cases. No more waiting or coordinating with multiple trades on the job site.